“Nuptial love maketh mankind, friendly love perfecteth it...”
Francis Bacon, Essay 'Of Love' – 1612
The FBRT runs a Friendship scheme for those who are interested in the work.
Benefits of Friendship include:-
- main newsletter (biannual) with details of events, reports, philosophical insights and research;
- event reports and extra background (e.g. historical, philosophical) information about FBRT events;
- essays and study papers;
- online archive of newsletters and essays;
- links to video recordings of talks for FBRT Friends only;
- web forum (blog);
- bursary scheme.
- MailChimp email announcing upcoming events, new essays, videos and book releases.
To be a Friend of the FBRT requires an annual subscription of £35, renewable at the beginning of each year. The subscription can be paid by the following means:-
- online via PayPal using a debit or credit card;
- sent by mail to FBRT as a £ Sterling cheque made out to 'FBRT' and drawn on a UK bank;
- by Bankers Order – please contact FBRT. (N.B. Automatic renewal of Friendship can be made by Banker's Order).
There are two ways to join the Friendship scheme as a FBRT Friend – online or by post:
1. To join online, please complete this Friendship Application Form in the Friends Area.
- On the Friendship Application Form there is an "Instructions" PDF (click button to open) that tells you all you need to know.
- Fill in the form online. Click the "PayPal checkout" button.
2. To join by post, please complete this Friendship Application Form.
- Fill in the form online, download/save as pdf, and then:
- either email the form to email@example.com if you have paid the subscription by PayPal or Bankers Order.
- or print out the form and post with a £ Sterling cheque made out to ‘FBRT’ and drawn on a UK bank to the address given.
The Friendship subscription goes towards the cost of maintaining the Friendship scheme and is purposefully kept as low as possible, but the FBRT as a whole needs to be supported by donations. Therefore, if you can, please make a donation in addition to the subscription so as to support the work of the FBRT.
If you are a UK taxpayer, FBRT Friendship subscriptions and donations to the FBRT are eligible for the Gift Aid scheme. This enables the FBRT to recover from the Inland Revenue the basic rate of tax you have paid on the amount gifted to the Trust, thereby in effect donating an extra amount to the Trust at no extra cost to you (= 25p extra for every £1 you give).
To do this, please in addition complete the Gift Aid Form.